Find a pro in Bovey, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Minnesota // Bovey
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Bovey, Minnesota
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bovey, Minnesota. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.