Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Brainerd, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I look forward to by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy method to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent results when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
How does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and gives a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Brainerd, MN have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
Find a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Brainerd, MN
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Brainerd, MN have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Brainerd, MN confidently.