Find a Pro in Brainerd, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a good idea to prioritize interior painting for my property?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that really pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you select, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your property now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are produced with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most residences harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often show dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over time. Having your house's interior painted covers most cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
When do painters see the slowest business season?
A major benefit to hiring within the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my home's exterior?
There are some obvious things to look out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues as well. Exterior painting is a pretty big job, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
Because every home is different, there is no set deadline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of professionals say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not have information when it was last painted. It's always recommended to try and find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all affect its durability. It may be helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your residence was painted on a sunny or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What all does a house painter do?
Some of the tasks an expert painter typically performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of this prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they discover things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be remediated before the project can commence, of course. Your professional might then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: The best painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Qualified House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Brainerd, MN
When you want a dependable house painter near Brainerd, MN, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house works to elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also offers plenty of practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to secure the wood from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that organizes all the relevant information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Brainerd, MN and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.