Find a pro in Clitherall, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Clitherall, Minnesota
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Clitherall, Minnesota, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.