Find a Pro in Dent, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services fall under the domain of a residential painter?
A few of the services an expert painter typically performs include:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they see things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your service could then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Expert painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring a high-quality painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the usual hourly fee for painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's price on services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or product included.
Keep in mind that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. Accordingly, it does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Is investing in interior painting a worthwhile choice?
The short answer will be yes, and these are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A professional paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when considering the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your interior recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you pick, a new paint color will help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted safeguards your property now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are constructed of materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint works to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your property. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently contain dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over time. Getting your home's interior painted covers most cosmetic issues and will make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least active season for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about hiring during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Experienced House Painters in in Dent, Minnesota
When you want a reliable house painter near Dent, Minnesota, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home can improve your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also provides many useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that organizes all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Dent, Minnesota and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.