Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Duluth, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing versus installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a smart practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple way to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is it the same as refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and gives a distinctive effect in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a suggested amount of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the best things about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Duluth, Minnesota have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Find a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Duluth, Minnesota
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many people in Duluth, Minnesota have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Duluth, Minnesota confidently.