Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Edina, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How can I determine if cabinet refinishing is a good choice to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Edina, MN have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
Which certifications or qualifications are important to check for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there may not be industry-standard certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are some qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a portfolio, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reliability with online client feedback.
A dependable expert can provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it commences, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have adequate communication skills and be able to address all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
What methods are involved as a professional refinishes cabinets?
A contractor working on your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and proven results. There are typically many steps used to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets should be first evaluated to make sure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If they are, any gear will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor damage, such as cracks, dents, and similar blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to accomplish the look you're looking for. The drying and curing step will be crucial to giving a professional outcome, and could require a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once the paint or stain completely cures, any hardware will be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the finished results meets your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to note that the specific refinishing process can vary depending on factors such as the type of cabinets and the desired finish. Also, professionals may employ specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic effects, which could require a longer amount of time. Make sure to speak directly with any contractor you employ to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
Why should I refinish my cabinets instead of buy new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy project to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Employ a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Edina, MN
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Edina, MN have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Edina, MN confidently.