Find a pro in Eitzen, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Eitzen, Minnesota. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Eitzen, Minnesota
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Eitzen, Minnesota, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.