Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Faribault, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How long do cabinets that have been refinished survive
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Faribault, Minnesota have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Should I be on the hunt for any specific certifications or qualifications when hiring a cabinet refinishing professional?
While there aren't industry-standard certifications designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are certain qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will mention their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially featuring finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a portfolio, most professional contractors can demonstrate their experience and dependability with online client reviews.
A reputable professional should provide a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess adequate communication skills and be able to address all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can show they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing done?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for speed and proven results. There are usually several steps taken to transform the style of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets should be first assessed to ensure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If they are, all hardware will be disassembled, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some insignificant damage, such as cracks, dings, and other imperfections in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the look you're looking for. The drying and curing phase is crucial to giving a professional result, and could need a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once the paint or stain completely cures, all parts can be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished project meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to note that any refinishing project can vary based on factors such as the model of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, contractors may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic results, which could require a longer amount of time. Make sure to communicate clearly with anyone you hire to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
One Platform Containing All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Faribault, Minnesota Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many homeowners in Faribault, Minnesota have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Faribault, Minnesota with confidence.