Find a pro in Frazee, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Frazee, Minnesota
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Frazee, Minnesota. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.