Find a pro in Garrison, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Garrison, MN. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Garrison, MN
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Garrison, MN. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.