Find a pro in Glenwood, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Glenwood, MN. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Glenwood, MN
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Glenwood, MN. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.