Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Maple Grove, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing versus buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to change their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you hire a vetted contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long will refinished cabinets last
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Maple Grove, MN have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
One Place Containing All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Maple Grove, MN Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many people in Maple Grove, MN have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Maple Grove, MN with confidence.