Find a Pro in Melrose, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is paying for interior painting a worthwhile choice?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A great paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that really pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your home in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, many residents are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you select, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted secures your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out water from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are made with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal choice for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
During which period of the year are painters typically the least occupied?
A major benefit about booking within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painting contractors have more open spots in their schedules.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
What is the suggested frequency for repainting the outer walls of my home?
There are some obvious signs to watch out for, such as chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Painting an exterior can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to hire expert painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeline for a new coat, because every home differs from the other. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables like where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The type of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its lifespan. It may be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What all will a residential painter do?
Here is what a professional painter will assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your professional might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Dependable House Painting Contractors Serving in Melrose, Minnesota
When you want a dependable house painter near Melrose, Minnesota, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house works to boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also supplies many practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that brings together all the relevant information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Melrose, Minnesota and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.