Find a pro in Mora, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Mora, Minnesota. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Mora, Minnesota
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Mora, Minnesota. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.