Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Morristown, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some advantages to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and stress-free project to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive high-quality outcomes when you allow a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what aspects will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and delivers a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly can cabinets be refinished
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Morristown, MN have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Place for All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Morristown, MN Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many people in Morristown, MN have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Morristown, MN with confidence.