Find a pro in New Prague, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near New Prague, Minnesota
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in New Prague, Minnesota. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in New Prague, Minnesota. Find the right contractor for your house today.