Find a Cabinet Refinisher in New Richland, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Minnesota // New Richland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple way to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and delivers a certain result in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently should cabinets be refinished
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People of New Richland, MN have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Employ a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in New Richland, MN
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in New Richland, MN have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in New Richland, MN with confidence.