Find a pro in New Ulm, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in New Ulm, MN. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in New Ulm, MN
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in New Ulm, MN, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in New Ulm, MN. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.