Find a Cabinet Refinisher in New Ulm, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways can cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent results when you hire a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is that similar to refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive result in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best advantages about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project must be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of New Ulm, Minnesota have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near New Ulm, Minnesota
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in New Ulm, Minnesota have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in New Ulm, Minnesota with confidence.