Find a pro in Owatonna, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Owatonna, Minnesota
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Owatonna, Minnesota. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.