Find a Pro in Rochester, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is investing in interior painting a smart idea?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It will also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not considering listing your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that really pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your interior recently and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which color scheme you pick, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted protects your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint enables you to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best option for your property. A new coat of paint also limits dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain dents, dings, and marks from the use of your home over time. Having your house's interior painted removes most cosmetic issues and will make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
When is the least busy time of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to booking within the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painters have the availability.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the recommended frequency for repainting the outer walls of my home?
There are some obvious signs to watch out for, such as chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems as well. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire professional painters.
Because every property is different, there is no set time to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of professionals express that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
If you've just bought a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The kind of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its lifespan. It could be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What are examples of services I should expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Some of the services an expert painter generally performs include:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to select the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they see things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be remediated before painting can begin, of course. Your painter could then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing an expert painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Reliable Home Painters Near Near Rochester, Minnesota
When you need a good residential painter in Rochester, Minnesota, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house can improve your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make great suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also offers plenty of practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that brings together all the important information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Rochester, Minnesota and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.