Find a Pro in Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's price on labor ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or product included.
Be mindful that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you select, a new paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted secures your home now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint enables you to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your interior. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often contain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted removes all imperfections and will make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your home.
What is the least busy time of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about booking within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the usual price for labor when painting a home's interior?
The price to paint the interior of your home is dependant on the dimensions of the area. One 300-square-foot space will be much more affordable than an entire home, especially a spacious residence.
You can expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a nearby professional to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the space yourself or reside in a location with low labor costs. However, other factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Vetted House Painting Contractors Serving in Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota
When you're searching for a reliable residential painter in Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house works to improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also supplies many useful advantages for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that collects all the relevant information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.