Find a pro in Tracy, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Minnesota // Tracy
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Tracy, MN
When you need roofing maintenance services in Tracy, MN, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.