Find a pro in Twin Valley, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Twin Valley, MN
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Twin Valley, MN, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.