Find a pro in Wheaton, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Minnesota // Wheaton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Wheaton, Minnesota
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Wheaton, Minnesota. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.