Find a pro in Winona, Minnesota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Winona, Minnesota
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Winona, Minnesota, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.