Find a pro in Asbury, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Asbury
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Asbury, Missouri
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Asbury, Missouri, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.