Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Aurora, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
When will cabinet refinishing be the most suitable choice for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Aurora, MO have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
Which licenses or qualifications are good to look for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
Though there may not be industry-standard licenses designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are some qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack page.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring results that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors will demonstrate their experience and reliability with online client feedback.
A reliable professional should provide a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess good communication skills and be able to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can show they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How will contractors refinish cabinets?
A contractor working on your cabinet refinishing project will follow an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are typically many steps used to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, for example:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets should be first assessed to ensure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If so, all gear will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant damage, like cracks, dings, or similar blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to accomplish the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing step will be vital to imparting a high-quality outcome, and could need several hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain completely cures, all gear will be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the final project satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to keep in mind that any refinishing process will vary based on factors like the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, professionals may employ specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic results, which could require a longer amount of time. Be sure to communicate directly with any contractor you hire to guarantee they can bring your vision to reality.
Why should I refinish used cabinets rather than purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a good way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Employ The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Aurora, MO
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Aurora, MO have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Aurora, MO with confidence.