Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Baring, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Missouri // Baring
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and imparts a certain outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How should I know if cabinet refinishing is a good choice to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Baring, MO have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
One Place With All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Baring, MO With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in Baring, MO have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Baring, MO confidently.