Find a pro in Bland, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Bland, Missouri. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Bland, Missouri
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Bland, Missouri. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.