Find a pro in Bloomsdale, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Bloomsdale, MO
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Bloomsdale, MO. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.