Find a pro in Bradleyville, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Bradleyville, MO
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Bradleyville, MO, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.