Find a pro in Butler, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Butler, Missouri
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Butler, Missouri. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.