Find a pro in Garden City, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Garden City, Missouri
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Garden City, Missouri. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Garden City, Missouri. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.