Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Garden City, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some benefits of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a smart way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple method to change their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive excellent results when you hire a vetted contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is this similar to refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and offers a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Garden City, Missouri have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Place With All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Garden City, Missouri With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many people in Garden City, Missouri have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Garden City, Missouri with confidence.