Find a Pro in Grandview, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is paying for interior painting a smart idea?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your Home: A great paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not considering listing your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively inexpensive way to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your home recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you pick, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted secures your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are constructed of components that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint works to seal out water from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints these days are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your home. A new application of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your home over time. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates those imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
During what period of the year are painters generally the least occupied?
A major selling point to booking within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
There are some obvious things to keep an eye out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can create problems as well. Exterior painting can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeline to repaint, since every house differs from the other. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, depending on factors such as where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not know exactly the last time it was painted. It's always recommended to try to find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its longevity. It's also helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the home was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What are the duties of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of the prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your painter might then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Professional painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Experienced House Painters Serving Near Grandview, MO
When you're looking for a good residential painter in Grandview, MO, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer great recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also brings plenty of practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that collects all the important information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Grandview, MO and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.