Find a Pro in Greenwood, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the duties of a professional house painter?
Here are examples of what a professional painter can assist with:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to find the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle this prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages must be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do painters usually charge per hour?
The average painting contractor's price on labor ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter per hour. Therefore, that price does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
What are the benefits of updating my home through interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that truly pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your interior in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you choose, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your property now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint works to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your interior. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Great: All homes contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often have scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over time. Getting your home's interior painted removes all imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your residence.
What is the slowest season of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to scheduling within the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Experienced Home Painting Contractors Serving in Greenwood, MO
When you're searching for a reliable house painter near Greenwood, MO, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home can enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also provides many practical benefits for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your house inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that compiles all the relevant information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Greenwood, MO and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.