Find a Pro in Hazelwood, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting a good idea?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your home recently and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you pick, a new paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted protects your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your home. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most homes contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your home over the years. Getting your house's interior painted removes all cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your home.
What's the period of lowest business for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about hiring within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting professionals have the availability.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How often do I need to paint the exterior of my home?
There are some evident things to look out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can cause problems as well. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeline to repaint, since every home is different. A lot of professionals say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've recently purchased a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try and find out, since having detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its lifespan. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What all will a house painter do?
Here is what a professional painter can help with:
- Select Colors: If you're struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your hired painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they find anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter might then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted Residential Painting Contractors in Near Hazelwood, MO
When you require a good residential painter in Hazelwood, MO, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also supplies plenty of practical advantages for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that compiles all the necessary information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Hazelwood, MO and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.