Find a pro in Kearney, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Kearney, Missouri
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Kearney, Missouri. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.