Find a pro in Kingdom City, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Kingdom City, MO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Kingdom City, MO. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.