Find a Pro in Lees Summit, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
The average painter's cost of labor ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, not counting taxes or overhead included.
Take into account that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not added in that price.
Is interior painting worth it?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when factoring in the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you haven't painted your house recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you select, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption can lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint works to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints now are produced with low or zero VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All homes harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted eliminates all cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
At which season of the year are painters typically less occupied?
One of the biggest selling points to hiring within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the usual labor price to paint the inside of a home?
The price to paint the inside of your home depends on the square footage of the space. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more low-cost than the entire house, especially a spacious one.
On average, expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when enlisting a nearby professional to paint the inside of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the house yourself or live in an area with low labor costs. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
Reliable Home Painters Serving Near Lees Summit, MO
When you need a good residential painter in Lees Summit, MO, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home works to boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also features plenty of practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that compiles all the necessary information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of professional painters in Lees Summit, MO and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.