Find a Pro in Lexington, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much should I expect to pay in labor costs when painting the interior of a home?
The cost to paint the inside of your residence is dependant on the dimensions of the room. One 300-square-foot area will be much more low-cost than the entire home, especially a spacious residence.
On average, expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when employing a local painter to paint the inside of your residence. You'll pay less if you paint the house yourself or live in a region with low labor rates. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
How frequently should I consider repainting my residence's exterior?
There are a few evident things to look out for, such as chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can create issues too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
Because every property differs from one another, there is no set timeline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for people. Most experts say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its lifespan. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are some services I should expect my professional painting contractor to provide?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will help with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to choose the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they discover things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your service could then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Professional painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the typical hourly rate charged by painters?
The average painter's price on services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or overhead included.
Remember that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. That's only the labor. Insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself is not added in that cost.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Lexington, MO
When you require a good residential painter in Lexington, MO, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also supplies many practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that brings together all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Lexington, MO and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.