Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Liberty, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the positives to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a great practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple technique to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of refacing cabinets - is it the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and delivers a certain effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets be refinished?
One of the great advantages about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Liberty, MO have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Liberty, MO
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many homeowners in Liberty, MO have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Liberty, MO with confidence.