Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Marthasville, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I look forward to by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and stress-free project to change their style versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get excellent outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is this the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and offers a distinctive effect in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets be refinished
One of the best things with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How will I know if cabinet refinishing is the right idea to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Marthasville, Missouri have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Employ a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Marthasville, Missouri
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many people in Marthasville, Missouri have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Marthasville, Missouri confidently.