Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Maryland Heights, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways will cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple project to update their style versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality results when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and delivers a certain effect in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended frequency for refinishing cabinets
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment in the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Maryland Heights, Missouri have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
Hire a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Maryland Heights, Missouri
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Maryland Heights, Missouri have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Maryland Heights, Missouri confidently.