Find a Pro in Maywood, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are essential when choosing the exterior paint color for your home?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance how your home looks with help from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when deciding on a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should complement the overarching design you're going for and the ambiance you want to form. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are elegant tones that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
In what ways can recruiting an exterior painting contractor enhance your project?
Recruiting an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will typically give you a high-quality result than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and knowledge to carry out the project to industry standards. Instead of attempting to repair errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to a painter to do it all. With their superior process and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
What measures are involved in preparing a residential property for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it is completed with careful attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and strategies to conduct the project with exceptional workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to stay and look great for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt gives you a clean area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix damage on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a sleek result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
What is the cost associated with painting the exterior of a home?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great home improvement for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Another factor that can add to the overall cost is how experienced your painter is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and give you an accurate quote for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services in Maywood, Missouri
Begin looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Maywood, Missouri. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can find a contractor with the qualifications and background to offer high-quality services. You can upgrade your home's aesthetic with a new pop of color that offers a durable barrier preventing damage at the same time. By seeking out a professional to carry out the project, you're ensuring it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can quickly browse for painters, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out results from previous exterior painting jobs to get a better idea of their level of expertise. Look through professional profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you use our free app. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for homeowners to find the best professional for the project in their area. Additionally, you can direct message contractors, receive an estimate, and set up an appointment all in one app.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with useful recommendations and help you brainstorm an attractive color scheme. Having a freshly painted home can raise your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local professionals ready to start the project and perform exceptional work. Get an excellent finished product by using our home management platform and contacting a knowledgeable professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.