Find a Cabinet Painter in Newburg, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to update the appearance of my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint typically used for home walls will face some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant appearance. Typical wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets or begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Which features do I search for in a reliable cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to discover the most suitable one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to focus on is by knowing exactly what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their previous work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Check that any contractor you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project has started that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by checking any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the difficult prep phase a necessity before painting all cabinets?
It's always enticing to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach any edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than expected.
How much will it cost to paint my kitchen cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Newburg, MO, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first obtain quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor will need to recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Find a Cabinet Painter Near Newburg, MO to Bring Your Vision to Life
An exceptional way to increase the appeal of your property and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Newburg, MO varies, but some customers still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to show you a history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all the information necessary to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Newburg, MO confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.