Find a Cabinet Painter in Nixa, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited by the kind of paint I can use for my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint typically used for interior walls will encounter many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sophisticated look. Common wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets or start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Which features do I search for in a professional cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to discover the most suitable one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of effort. A good place to start is by knowing precisely what look you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their past work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any professional you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't want is for any surprises to pop up once the project commences that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients for view online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Is it necessary to prime and sand cabinets before painting?
It's may be enticing to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach those places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Is it costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many factors that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Nixa, Missouri, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job completed.
You'll want to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Nixa, Missouri to Bring Your Vision to Life
A smart way to enhance the appeal of your property and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective option over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Nixa, Missouri fluctuates, but many homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets might be in good enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
While looking for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be happy to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all important information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Nixa, Missouri easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.