Find a pro in Novinger, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Novinger, MO. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Novinger
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Novinger, MO
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Novinger, MO. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.